Interested in joining the club? We welcome anyone, any time. You can sign up for the club whenever you want, so if you missed us at freshers fayre then don’t worry!
All you need is to turn up at one of our sessions with the following:
- Sport Swansea card – We need all our members to have signed up with the Student Union. This then means you can shoot using the club equipment and more importantly are covered by the insurance. If you haven’t got a Sport Swansea card yet, you need to register online at the Student Union website
- Membership fee – For 2012 – 2013 the membership fee is £20 (one off for the year)
- Session fees – The club charges a session fee of £2.50 per person per session. This is to cover the rent of the hall
- Clothes you are comfortable to shoot in – Avoid anything with long loose bits that could get caught in the bow, it will hurt! Also wear indoor trainers (no sandals) so the sports centre don’t complain at us too much.
Not required, but a smiley face, friendly personality and a bit of patience are much appreciated! Find our session times on this page
NOTE: We can only accept members who are both enrolled in Swansea University and fully paid members of Sport Swansea. If you are looking for a local club in Swansea look at the links at the bottom of the page. Unfortunately this means we are unable to take members from Swansea Institute.
We provide all the equipment and coaching, so you need never have shot an arrow before in your life. If you’ve ever wanted to try archery, joining through a university club is one of the cheapest ways you can. By signing up for archery, you get:
- Full training by a designated coach
- Insurance, allowing you to shoot at any FITA and GNAS/ Archery GB affiliated archery venue
- Two training sessions per week
- Hire of all equipment
- Entry to BUSA competitions
- Participation in South West and Wales league
- Subsidised Transportation
- Organised club events
- Regular socials
Links to Other clubs< \p>